Infrastructure: email problem resolved

News about the UnrealIRCd project, including release announcements
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Infrastructure: email problem resolved

Post by Syzop »

Due to a change of mail servers and a configuration error e-mail traffic from the various *.unrealircd.org sites has not been working for the past few weeks. E-mails from your own email client/provider to @unrealircd.org etc. all worked but mails generated by the *.unrealircd.org websites did not. Examples of this are: forum registration emails, forgotten password mails, bugtracker notifications mails when an issue is updated, etc.

I only noticed this when I logged in to the forums admin panel to look for another error. The problem was present for almost a full month. Apparently nobody sent an email to [email protected] regarding this (which DID work) or mentioned it on IRC. Perhaps every person thinking it was a fault on their end and/or simply gave up.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. Community support is really important for an Open Source project such as UnrealIRCd. New users unable to sign up is thus a big problem. In total I counted +/- 40 affected email addresses.

UPDATE: I've emailed all the affected persons that I could find. This means all people trying to sign up / requested passwords from forums.unrealircd.org for past month, PLUS persons on other sites like bugs.unrealircd.org but then only from past 10 days (due to logging limitations).