m_pmlist question

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

Paul DK

m_pmlist question

Post by Paul DK »

Hey Gottem,

Just wanted to clarify, white-list entries persist through -P +P changes but not through disconnect/reconnect of sessions?

If I'm right, could I request that pmlist is altered so that it DOES keep the users' white-list across sessions?

Hope this is possible and not too much trouble. 🍪 :D

Yours, with regards (and cookies)

Paul
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Re: m_pmlist question

Post by Gottem »

Paul DK wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:59 pm Just wanted to clarify, white-list entries persist through -P +P changes but not through disconnect/reconnect of sessions?
Correct, the list is stored in moddata attached to a client. Once they disconnect the client structure is destroyed and so is the moddata. I could attach it to the IRCd itself instead, but your UID changes on a new connection anyways so we can't use that. Using just a nick isn't reliable either because when you disconnect, someone could change it to yours and mess with your list. Not to mention that it would be quite memory consuming when the lists never/rarely get destroyed. =] The idea of the module is to act as a temporary measure against private message spam, since +D prevents them altogether and +R only allows registered nicks. But sometimes you may want to allow unregged nicks anyways. ;]

So in short: no, it's not really feasible. :>
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]