The first beta version of UnrealIRCd 5 is now available for download. This is not a stable version, it is for testing only and the server may misbehave. The fact that UnrealIRCd 5 is "beta" means it's mostly feature-complete. Now it's time to test things thoroughly and get rid of bugs. For those users who do dare to run it, feel free to report any issues on https://bugs.unrealircd.org/.
The full release notes are available here.
Changes between 5.0.0-alpha4 and 5.0.0-beta1
- New module manager (./unrealircd module) to list, install, upgrade, uninstall third party modules. Third party module coders can submit their UnrealIRCd 5 module. Currently it only contains 1 dummy module.
- Lots of old code for linking with UnrealIRCd 3.2.x has been removed.
- Again, lot of restructuring in the code. Now that we are beta this should be much less, though.
- New command "./unrealircd configtest" which only tests the configuration but does not start the server. Ideal when upgrading to check the configuration before you kill the old server.
- We no longer use a blacklist for stats (set::oper-only-stats) but have a whitelist now instead (set::allow-user-stats).
- Various bug- and crashfixes, such as when unloading modules, idle time being incorrect, SETNAME not working, REHASH issues, etc.
- WARNING: if you are using anope, then note that starting with 5.0.0-alpha4 you need to apply the following patch: https://github.com/anope/anope/commit/d ... 63ab.patch