Unreal 5.0.0 modules - any available?

Looking for a module? Or want to see one converted to 6.x?

Moderator: Supporters

eleethub

Unreal 5.0.0 modules - any available?

Post by eleethub »

I wonder what modules work on unreal 5.0 ( I have just installed it)
Any list with modules and tutorials on how to install third party modules in unreal 5.0?
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: Unreal 5.0.0 modules

Post by Syzop »

There are only a few module devs out there (that publicly release modules anyway). The most productive one is Gottem.
Unfortunately, to my knowledge, none of them have updated their modules for U5 at this point.

Similarly, no module dev has submitted its module for inclusion in the unrealircd 3rd party module repository.
Once they do, it would just be a matter of running ./unrealircd module list to list the modules and ./unrealircd module install third/nameofmodule. See the module manager documentation for more information.

I can totally understand how they have not yet updated their modules. There have been many API changes and until the beta and RC stage a lot was changing so I discouraged module devs from updating their modules when UnrealIRCd 5 was still in alpha.
Nowadays, however, we are at 5.0.0-rc2, and module devs are encouraged to update their modules though, but.. it will take time. The change to the 5.x module API is the biggest module API change ever since we introduced modules 15+ years ago.

It could well be that once 5.0.0 is out that there are nearly no 3rd party modules ported to UnrealIRCd 5 yet. That would be sad, but.. I hope they will follow soon!
eleethub

Post by eleethub »

So I can't install any modules for now on Unreal 5.0 if I understood well.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

To be fair, I should point out that a number of third party modules that Gottem wrote are now included in UnrealIRCd 5 or are offered via other functionality. Here's a list:
  • m_needauthjoin: possible via set::restrict-commands if you make "JOIN" a command for registered users only
  • m_nick_minlen: now configurable via set::min-nick-length
  • m_allowctcp_opers: this behavior is the default in UnrealIRCd 5
  • m_uniquemsg: in channel mode +f now in the 'r' subtype, eg: MODE #channel +f [1r]:15
  • m_storetkl: implemented in the 'tkldb' module which is loaded by default
  • m_websocket_restrict: not all but some of this is implemented by default in UnrealIRCd 5 (the listen block has a websocket type now)
  • m_listrestrict: most of this can now be done via set::restrict-commands, making LIST available only for people connected longer than XX seconds or registered users
  • m_pmdelay: this too can be done via set::restrict-commands
  • m_noinvite: we don't offer this as-is, but using set::restrict-commands is of great help against invite spambots
  • m_tklexcept: TKL exceptions are in UnrealIRCd 5 via the /ELINE command
  • m_rmtkl: now exists in UnrealIRCd 5 (/RMTKL)
  • m_forward: now exists in UnrealIRCd 5. Meaning of +L was changed and new extban +b ~f:#chan:mask was added.
eleethub

Post by eleethub »

Was interested in bot fantasy commands and geoip location, very nice modules
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Re: Unreal 5.0.0 modules - any available?

Post by Gottem »

My fantasy mod has already been ported to U5, as well as k4be's geoip_whois. =]
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]