Help exception for ipv6

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Suratka

Help exception for ipv6

Post by Suratka »

today a strange thing happened to me.
I have entered a number of znc in the server, in ipv4 and in ipv6.
as regards the ipv6 I gave the command / os exception add .... and I put all three ipv4 of the three servers in exception to make it possible to connect without limits all the znc from the vps where the servers are housed .
then a znc did not enter ipv6 saying "ip limit exceeded" and then I put the ipv6 in exception with the command:
/ os exception add 0 2001 :: feffe: fefeg: zdzzdz: exempl 0, that is 0 limits and timeless. but the znc with that ipV6 did not enter.
I wonder how to go about setting exceptions for hi ipv6? did I do the wrong command?
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: Help exception for ipv6

Post by Syzop »

There are two things here:
  • The "maxperip" setting from UnrealIRCd
  • The session limit in anope
I would just disable the session limit in anope altogether, since it is rather confusing when you have two limits in place. In fact it is damn annoying :(.
I think the only reason that it is loaded by default on anope is that because older IRCds (non-UnrealIRCd) don't do IP session limits network-wide.

As for disabling it, you need to edit your operserv.conf and get rid of that os_session module.
So change from:

Code: Select all

module
{
        name = "os_session"
To:

Code: Select all

# module
{
        name = "os_session"
Suratka

Post by Suratka »

I looked in unreal maxirip and I don't want to change the limit for everyone.
I just want to put in exception the ip that I decide that can enter without session limits.
If I change "maxerip" then everyone can log in with more than 3 sessions for ip, èe is not what I want.
I left maxerip at 3 and underneath I inserted these lines:
allow {
ip *@12.23.45.67;
class clients;
#password "";
maxperip 40;
to allow this ip to be able to enter with 40, it was initially at 20, and I don't understand why now that I set it to 40, when 20 ip arrive the sessions are blocked.
i wanted to know if i did a script in unrealircd for an ipv6 would it work?
example:
allow {
ip *@2001:ffe::2éfe3200::245;
class clients;
#password "";
maxperip 40;

????
but this belongs.
I don't understand, because if I give the command / os exception .....
and I insert, without time limits and without session limits, at 20 ip they freeze.
why 20?
and then I don't understand,
now that I think about it, I have put the exception on ipv4, and not on ipv6, so in theory of ipv6 only 3 should enter, while 20 enter and then stop.
So I don't understand, why did I put the session limit which I didn't put on ipv6, does it work also for ipv6?
maybe because l, ipV4 belongs I also put the final vhost in exception?
/ os exception chatnex.caz
which is used by both ipv4 and ipv6.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Like I said, just get rid of os_session module.

Indeed, the way to override maxperip for specific IPs or ranges is via allow blocks. You can have multiple allow blocks. The most important rule is that you put the general block for *@* at the top and then specific blocks UNDER them. See also https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/Allow_block (including the example there). Actually I think you have already seen it ;p.

Also, did I spot an accent on the e in your IPv6 address there? :D
ip *@2001:ffe::2éfe3200::245;

Not useful right now, but for anyone reading this thread in, say, the year 2020 or later:
In UnrealIRCd 5.0.1 and later you may be able to create maxperip exceptions via the /ELINE command, so you don't need to edit your configuration file anymore. There was a request for this submitted today https://bugs.unrealircd.org/view.php?id=5507 - it is not yet implemented in 5.0.0.