restrict-commands : insufficient user's information

If your UnrealIRCd is up and running but you have a question about it, then use this forum.
(NOT for installation or connecting issues! Use the other forum instead.)

Moderator: Supporters

Webmaster78

restrict-commands : insufficient user's information

Post by Webmaster78 »

The following Unrealircd option may be interesting, but the problem is that the user who wants to speak privately before the time limit expires is not properly informed that he must wait for the time limit to expire.
It did not return to him in his private in use but on the window of the server so little or not visible and he thinks that the message has been sent.
So this option as is cannot really be used :

"You cannot send messages to users until you've been connected for 30 seconds or more"

Code: Select all

set {
        restrict-commands {
                private-message {
                        connect-delay 30;
                }
        }
}	

How to improve things so that the visitor is correctly informed ?
Lord255

Re: restrict-commands : insufficient user's information

Post by Lord255 »

i dont understand your question.
the msg exactly says what it should. i dont see the problem here.
Webmaster78

Post by Webmaster78 »

The problem is that the message is written in the window of the server and not in the pv of the person who speaks in private and who is therefore not informed since he does not necessarily see it! So she just thinks the person she's writing to doesn't want to reply to her.
I think the info message should be in the pv directly.
I did the test and few visitors will think of looking in the server window I think.
PeGaSuS
Official supporter

Post by PeGaSuS »

Usually, that's a setting of how the IRC client handles server error notices/messages and not necessarily an UnrealIRCd issue.

You should check your IRC client documentation on how to change the way it handles said messages and how to make it display them in the active window.

Cheers!
IRC Network: PTirc - GitHub: TehPeGaSuS - Help and support: #unreal-support
Lord255

Post by Lord255 »

although users should check the "server window" too, right? cuz usually main/core/server notices are "usually" ending up there.
but pegasus said it right.. client issue.. write a script or use a diff client where you can set where the notices can appear..

in other hand: check your first entry and the one above.. do you think its the same? why didnt write the "issue" right at the first time? i just dont understand why you are not writing your questions/problems clear. takes several entries to get the answer. mhm.