How have ident who refer to the browser ?

If your UnrealIRCd is up and running but you have a question about it, then use this forum.
(NOT for installation or connecting issues! Use the other forum instead.)

Moderator: Supporters

Webmaster78

How have ident who refer to the browser ?

Post by Webmaster78 »

Hi there !

On some Unrealircd IRC servers, the ident seems to refer to the browser. So when two people are at the same IP address, if we ban on indent we ban only one of the two users, the other who has not caused a problem can continue to chat. How can I make the same with my Unrelirc ?

Thank you.
PeGaSuS
Official supporter

Re: How have ident who refer to the browser ?

Post by PeGaSuS »

• That's not an UnrealIRCd problem but rather a misconfiguration of your webchat service, IMHO.
  • You don't provide any information about your webirc blocks, webchat system, etc.
  • You should seek for help on the appropriated place. In this case this means going to the network/forum/etc of your webchat system/developer.
IRC Network: PTirc - GitHub: TehPeGaSuS - Help and support: #unreal-support
Webmaster78

Post by Webmaster78 »

Thank you for your ideas.
You mind services as Anope tchat I use ?
Webmaster78

Post by Webmaster78 »

Thank you for your ideas.
You mind services as Anope tchat I use ?
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

No, the trouble comes from your web interface (kiwiirc, mibbit, ...) and/or the gateway, nothing is related with your ircd or your services.
The ident is given by the user' client
Webmaster78

Post by Webmaster78 »

Thank you for your help.
The developers of the interface have confirmed this. They are based for the ident only on the IP which is a shame.
In this case there is no longer any point in banning on ident, since the ident has no particularity, which made it before a complementary moderating tool.
The Lightirc interface (in flash) allowed thanks to the ident I think I remember to ban a person from the same home as another, but not the other.
I contacted the developer of Lightirc to ask him what he was basing his ident on, maybe the user agent.
In any case, if the person changed their IP they generally couldn't come back, I think I remember.