First user gets op rights

If your UnrealIRCd is up and running but you have a question about it, then use this forum.
(NOT for installation or connecting issues! Use the other forum instead.)

Moderator: Supporters

nielsdries

First user gets op rights

Post by nielsdries »

Hello,

Maybe it is already posted somewhere, if so i'm sorry.
The first user logging on to a channels gets the right to kick and ban, how can i prevent that?

thank you in advance
Lord255

Re: First user gets oper rights

Post by Lord255 »

hello.
why would you want to prevent that?

to register a channel, the user needs an op (@).. without that, ppl cannot register channels.
if you want to have staff or regular pppl to have ops (@) in the channels, use services and register the channels and give them rights via chanserv's access list.

in case you still don't know what are you trying to do, but still want it anyways: https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/Set_blo ... el-on-join
enjoy..
nielsdries

Post by nielsdries »

Lord255 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:14 pm hello.

to register a channel, the user needs an op (@).. without that, ppl cannot register channels.
if you want to have staff or regular pppl to have ops (@) in the channels, use services and register the channels and give them rights via chanserv's access list.

in case you still don't know what are you trying to do, but still want it anyways: https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/Set_blo ... el-on-join
enjoy..
Thank you, I hadn't thought of using services.
nielsdries

Post by nielsdries »

Lord255 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:14 pm hello.

enjoy..
Thank you for the Tip using services
I installed Anope, registered my nick and channel, Works nice.
Lord255

Post by Lord255 »

cool :) you are welcome.
unreal was made by a person who knows all these "irc stuff", so basically the default settings should be okay for 90% of ppl!
so always read docs whenever you want to change something and also think about why was it set like that.

(like the above explanation to why the default right is op (@), when a person joins (as first user) to a non-registered channel :))

enjoy!
fearcry

Re: First user gets op rights

Post by fearcry »

if you join a channel what is NOT available on the server/network, you create this channel and you get
Channel-Operator Status for auto - thats IRC.

If you are this 1st User of a Channel you can register this Channel at ChanServ as long as your Nickname
(yourself) is registered by NickServ - i guess the Server that u are using have Services installed.

Only in case that Channel is registered by a User, the Services handling to give Channel Modes after joining.

cheers

fearcry