Gottem's modules for Unreal 6

Looking for a module? Or want to see one converted to 6.x?

Moderator: Supporters

Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Gottem's modules for Unreal 6

Post by Gottem »

I finally found enough time to port and test all my modules. :> They should be available from the default module repository. Keep in mind ALL compatibility with Unreal 5 and earlier has been removed.

Some changes:
  • chansno: has been completely removed, since Unreal can now log to a channel itself (the old readme for chansno can be found here)
  • operpasswd: in earlier versions you also had the settings enable-global-notices and enable-logging, but Unreal 6 has improved logging so those are now redundant and have been removed
  • nicksuffix: has a new config option init-on-load to store the nicknames of all currently connected users when the module (re)loads, if nothing has been stored yet
Since snomasks and logging in general have been redone in Unreal 6, my modules no longer use any custom snomasks but simply use custom log events. Make sure you let Unreal's logging system use the new log events, otherwise you're going to be missing some notices. ;] The removed snomask flags should be ACgLO but some may be in use by core Unreal now, so you gotta make sure if you still need them.

Some oper permissions were linked to the snomasks so these can be removed:
  • operpasswd
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]