Stacking a spamfilter

If you have trouble on your server with spam, drones/zombies/bots or proxies

Moderator: Supporters

Orobas

Stacking a spamfilter

Post by Orobas »

With the release of the new 6* series of UnrealIRCD, i just had a quick query with regards to the spamfilters now.

Can we stack an action with a filter.. eg /spamfilter [add|del] [match-type] [target] [block gline] [tkltime] [reason] [match string] ?
CrazyCat

Re: Stacking a spamfilter

Post by CrazyCat »

I don't think it's possible, and it seems illogical. Can you explain more, or give an example ?
Orobas

Post by Orobas »

we've had a new spammer of late and i set a block filter which got it just fine. A couple of other staff were querying if it could be changed to block AND gline at the same time as they were manually glining... as the filters were being hammered.

i set to block as i didnt want any messages to appear as opposed to single / multiple messages from multiple ip's before glines to stop channel excitement if that makes sense

Think the other staff just wanted to see if the filter could do both. I wasn't too sure with this new 6* series if it could be done. I know you can do multiple channel level bans together using extended bans.. and just wondered if they had confused that ability with the spamfilter
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

If you gline, the user will be banned and the message won't be displayed on channels. gline is block + gline.
Orobas

Post by Orobas »

many thanks! i wasnt sure if gline was quick enough to block the message before it triggered. personally i preferred the block as it saves cramming the database full .. but if they still want it that way.. they can have it that way :)