masking ipv6

If your UnrealIRCd is up and running but you have a question about it, then use this forum.
(NOT for installation or connecting issues! Use the other forum instead.)

Moderator: Supporters

guid0

masking ipv6

Post by guid0 »

Hi,

I looked at https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/Mask_item but unfortunately I cannot get masking based on IPv6 to work.

Masking works fine when applying to IPv4, but on IPv6 I would like to mask 2001:4c3c:ca00:8600:*

I tried various syntaxes and currently have applied this in the configuration as:

Code: Select all

allow { 
        mask { 2001:4c3c:ca00:8600:*; }
        class clients;
        maxperip 20;
}
However upon connecting a client from above range into the server I am getting:
Closing Link: user[2001:4c3c:ca00:8600:dead:c0ff:ee00:face] (You are not authorized to connect to this server)
whilst the same client is able to connect over IPv4.

Anyone willing to explain if this should be working and if above syntax is correct or able to point me into the right direction?
(ircd version currently is 6.0.4.2.)

Cheers,
guid0
PeGaSuS
Official supporter

Re: masking ipv6

Post by PeGaSuS »

Try something like:

Code: Select all

allow { 
        mask "2001:4c3c:ca00:8600::/64";
        class clients;
        maxperip 20;
}
IRC Network: PTirc - GitHub: TehPeGaSuS - Help and support: #unreal-support
guid0

Re: masking ipv6

Post by guid0 »

Thanks for the feedback. We tried several things but your suggestion did not seem to work unfortunately. Perhaps I did not try things correctly or something else was wrong. But since then the network connections for this particular client changed and is nog locked on ipv4, making the issue no longer relevant for us.

In any case, thanks for your feedback. If someone else runs into this they may have a good hint or solution.

cheers,
guid0