Unreall 3.2.1: DCCALLOW|DCCDENY

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
katsklaw

Unreall 3.2.1: DCCALLOW|DCCDENY

Post by katsklaw »

Do I need to do anything other than edit my dccallow.conf and /rehash to get /dccallow to work?
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

To be exact, /dccallow always works, no matter what you type in your configuration. However that command is only meaninful if you have a deny dcc::soft option set to yes somewhere. And that's all you should do if you want your users to use /dccallow.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

I currently deny everything soft yes .. yet DCC's still come through without having to add the user to DCCALLOW lists.

Perhaps the fact that I'm opered an a NetAdmin and can_override has something to do with it?
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Yup, as usual opers override this stuff. (Why on earth do you ask such stuff every time and don't test it??? :P)
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

well, I'm not sure what you mean why I'm always asking this stuff without testing it. I think out of my entire 38 posts only a small few was I asking for something. I'm usually help others. I usually test stuff before asking ... and to be honest, it just hit me as I was making that post that being an oper with can_override might actually have something to do with it. Since I'm posting from work I'll wait until I get home as test it without being an oper.
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

I don't think he was referring to you specifically, just that 99% of the time people say like "if I'm a halfop, can I set +n?" when it would probably be faster to just try it rather than ask us. I think he was just saying generally that most of the time, it's easier to try than to ask.
-- codemastr
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

lol ok :) .. no harm done. I did try a few things .. but it wasn't until I got to work when the 'what if..' hit me.