Services Help

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Given that you're now connecting to a port that the IRCd listens on - did you get any messages from the IRCd? And if so, what are they?
madman

Post by madman »

Nothing.. The IRCD Server won't say anything unless I rehash it.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

madman wrote:Nothing.. The IRCD Server won't say anything unless I rehash it.
Then /rehash it and paste the error(s). Does that not make sense to you?
madman

Post by madman »

Don't be smart, theres no errors when i rehash. And it does make sense I would of said the error if there was one when i rehashed.

Code: Select all

(16:14:26) -irc.rsalive.com- *** Notice -- madman is rehashing server config file
(16:14:27) -irc.rsalive.com- *** Notice -- Loading IRCd configuration ..
(16:14:27) -irc.rsalive.com- *** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:275: listen with SSL flag enabled on a non SSL compile
(16:14:27) -irc.rsalive.com- *** Notice -- Configuration loaded without any problems ..
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

madman wrote:Don't be smart, theres no errors when i rehash. And it does make sense I would of said the error if there was one when i rehashed.

(16:14:26) -irc.rsalive.com- *** Notice -- madman is rehashing server config file
(16:14:27) -irc.rsalive.com- *** Notice -- Loading IRCd configuration ..
(16:14:27) -irc.rsalive.com- *** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:275: listen with SSL flag enabled on a non SSL compile
(16:14:27) -irc.rsalive.com- *** Notice -- Configuration loaded without any problems ..
There has to be an error somewhere if your Services still isn't connecting. Try the Services log! I wasn't being sarcastic and I don't appriciate you implying so. I've tried for a week to get you to do 4 simple steps that I did in less than 5 minutes. Yes, I still have your working config files.

Also you DID get an error:

*** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:275: listen with SSL flag enabled on a non SSL compile

You have a listen block with the SSL option on a non-ssl compile .. which was one of the 4 steps! (step 3 to be exact) :x

Update:

I downloaded it again at work and took another 5 minutes and fixed your problem again doing those 4 steps.

-irc.rsalive.com- *** Notice -- (link) Link irc.rsalive.com -> services.madman.org[@127.0.0.1.1569] established

unrealircd.conf Rehashing
-
-irc.rsalive.com- *** Notice -- Loading IRCd configuration ..
-
-irc.rsalive.com- *** Notice -- Configuration loaded without any problems ..
-
Step 5: remove the options section from your link block for Services. Anope can't use zip compression. I must have missed it the first time.
madman

Post by madman »

Step 5: remove the options section from your link block for Services. Anope can't use zip compression. I must have missed it the first time.
I removed the zip option but left the autoconnect one, Should I delete that? I got rid of the ssl option and when i rehash i now get:
(08:49:15) -irc.foonet.com- *** Notice -- Loading IRCd configuration ..
(08:49:15) -irc.foonet.com- *** Notice -- Configuration loaded without any problems ..
(08:49:15) -irc.foonet.com- *** Notice -- Connection to services.madman.org[127.0.0.1] activated.
(08:49:25) -irc.foonet.com- *** Notice -- No response from services.madman.org[127.0.0.1], closing link
I tryed connectng the services and It still wont work. The error I get from the services is:
[Nov 13 08:53:56 2004] FATAL: Can't connect to server: Connection refused
It's really agrivating :S

~madman
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

The documentation says don't use autoconnect with services (look in you unrealircd.conf, Link block). by the way, it's line just above the zip option you deleted. I can't see how you missed it.

options {
	see? ----->/* Note: You should not use autoconnect when linking services */ <---- plain english
			zip;
		};
};
It's really agrivating :S
It's aggravating because it's taken 36 posts to fix your 5 minute problem because you still haven't read the documentation. I'm willing to bet you haven't even done all of the 4 simple steps I've given you.
madman

Post by madman »

katsklaw wrote:ok I downloaded your 2 meg zip file, by the way we only needed the conf files and then only in worst case. :) Please understand that if we download your files, correct them and send them back or describe every single problem like I'm about to do, you learn nothing because someone other than you fixed the problem. It's best to tell us the error message and we can then GUIDE you to area that is causing the problem, therefore you learn by doing.

First, your anope.conf is in the zip file so you have to have it there. I found it at path: Unreal3.2_madman\aliases\anope.conf (which is right where I said it would be)

Second, in your unrealircd.conf file you need to specify an IP for Services in the services link block.

You also have SSL listen blocks and your version of Unreal is a non-ssl compile. Unreal will still start and run but you can't use SSL and it will complain everytime you (re)start|rehash. If you require SSL then you will have to go back to http://www.unrealircd.com/?page=downloads and download the win32 version with SSL.

Also you have Services connecting on port 6666 which you have no listen block in the unrealircd.conf for. Which I told you was the problem 2 days ago.

I made those 4 changes and I'm currently running Unreal/Anope on my windows box and they are both working as expected.
1st: Done

2nd: Done:
Unrealircd.conf

{
	username	*;
	hostname 	127.0.0.1;
	bind-ip 	*;
	port 		6666;
	hub             *;
	password-connect "mypass";
	password-receive "mypass";
	class           servers;
		options {
			/* Note: You should not use autoconnect when linking services */
			};
};
Services.conf

RemoteServer  127.0.0.1 6666 "mypass"

3rd:I Deleted all SSL listen blocks in the unrealircd and when I rehash I get no SSL listening on non-SSL compiled error.

4th: See 2nd's Codes.

So, I cant see what I done wrong.

~madman
heinz

Post by heinz »

Also you have Services connecting on port 6666 which you have no listen block in the unrealircd.conf for. Which I told you was the problem 2 days ago.
Can we see the listen blocks as well then?
Chris Hogben
Chief Tester, QA Team - Anope IRC Services
Co-Owner - PhpMemX.Net
madman

Post by madman »

I just posted the listen block?
heinz

Post by heinz »

Thats the LINK block. Not the LISTEN block. They are two different things.

The link block starts:

link your.server.name.here {

whilst the listen block starts:

listen your.ip.address.here:port {
Chris Hogben
Chief Tester, QA Team - Anope IRC Services
Co-Owner - PhpMemX.Net
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

You are still trying to use port 6666 both in the link block and in services.conf file ... there is absolutely nothing wrong with that ... except you have to create a listen block in the unrealircd.conf file so the IRCd will listen and except connections on that port.

Personally, I use a non-IRC port such as 4400 or 7550 or ythe like for linking Servers/Services. This allows for the normal IRC ports to be reserved for clients.
madman

Post by madman »

I changed the port to 7550 and added a listen block in unrealircd.conf:

listen 127.0.0.1:7550;
I changed the port in unrealircd.conf and services.conf to 7550 and I still get the same error from the anope logs.

~madman
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

did you /rehash or /restart Unreal after adding the listen block?

Also post your listen blocks ... and RemoteServer block from services.conf

It don't hurt to omit the IP unless you have more than one on your Server .. I'm assuming this is for home use and you only have 1 IP for your computer. If that's so you can leave out the IP in the listen block

listen    *:7550;
madman

Post by madman »

I have more than one computer, im not directly connected to the inter net, I go throught a lan with other computers. None of the other computers use port 7550 so I dont see a problem with having link *

Any way, I tried link * and It didnt work, here is the link blocks and listen block.

RemoteServer  127.0.0.1 7550 "mypass"

listen    *:7550; 

link            services.madman.org
{
	username	*;
	hostname 	127.0.0.1;
	bind-ip 	*;
	port 		7550;
	hub             *;
	password-connect "mypass";
	password-receive "mypass";