conf. file not working!

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Jorddy

conf. file not working!

Post by Jorddy »

Please, anyone who can, help me with my conf. file. I have been trying to open Unreal for a long time now, and not even my friends (with a lot of experience with Unreal) were able to help me. My friend made a conf. for me, and when I try to load Unreal, I see an MS-DOS window for less than a second, and then when I open the Service file, I read that the cloak.dll module was unable to be opened. The file is here: Unreal3.2/modules/cloak.dll and in the conf it says to run modules/cloak.dll. I have tried /modules/cloak.dll and the first one I said, and I have tried / and \ but none of them work. Please someone help me. If you need my conf. file to take a look at it, I will most deeply appreciate it. tyvm.
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

I doubt you want a leading slash. Try "modules/cloak.dll"
-- codemastr
Jorddy

Post by Jorddy »

That's the way I have it right now, and it still says the same in Services.....that it can't load the module
Jorddy

Post by Jorddy »

Wow............there was a change:

* Loading IRCd configuration ..
* Configuration loaded without any problems ..

Does that mean it worked?!?! :P
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Usually that means its ok lol :D . You will get more from unreal if you dont install it as a service on windows . That way you get a gui that tells you more and makes it easier to change the .conf etc .
Jorddy

Post by Jorddy »

yeah, it finally worked! :D I'm in it, but then when I try to have someone join it, it says that the connection refused.....any idea of what's causing this? :S
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Jorddy wrote:and I have tried / and \ but none of them work.
By the way, wircd accepts both / and \ in paths. It threats them as the same characters.
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

Jorddy wrote:I'm in it, but then when I try to have someone join it, it says that the connection refused
-> Are you behind a firewall?
-> Router correctly configured?
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Can you join off a local ip ? If you can get in and the outside world cant then look to your firewall as the probable cause .

Failing that check that you are allowing connects in the .conf for all ips ie

*@*